Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 406

-We had another nice day today, though it was a little cooler than it was yesterday. Amazingly, though it is still only early March, people are starting to act as though we are through with Winter for the year (which would be fine with me if it is the case).

-I am now 2/4 with regards to Roll Up the Rim to Win cups. I am pretty sure that the added pressure of playing for someone else is really helping me pick up my game.

-Today I attended a political science/public administration seminar. Unfortunately, someone, in the atrium adjacent to the seminar room, was holding a fashion show of sorts. This relatively disruptive (and presumably relatively base) event included not only loud club-appropriate music, but also live commentary on the models and their attire. Considering the enormity of the distraction the presenter did a very good job of powering through and getting his points across.

-Neil has been on the prowl for the past day or two. The target of this prowling has been below retail price Brier tickets. Thus far his rate of success has been relatively low, though he did manage to score a $20 ticket for tomorrow morning (the regular price would be $29 plus fees).

-Our chin-up progress seems to be chugging away nicely. As of tonight I am up to 9 'proper' chin-ups. While I know that Neil has been practicing and generally getting better I don't exactly know what is current PB is. (For those of you who are curious, though it is not apparent in the comments sections these chin-ups reports seem to be shockingly popular among our mid-20s female readers. I find this pretty funny because this is some of the content that I have felt the most hesitant to post, at least that was the case until I knew that one or two of our dedicated readers were following our progress with baited breath, or something approximating baited breath.)

3 comments:

Jess said...

This entire post cracked me up. From Neil's "deal-hunting" to the chin-up fanbase. And of course I giggled about the Tim Horton's race. An excellent update.

Good job on the coffee, btw.

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work.

Donald McKay said...

0 for 8

I can only do 3 proper, Kirsten is up to 5 or 6.