Friday, March 12, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 407

-We are in the midst of another beautiful day in Halifax. At the moment the sun is shining and the temperature is well above zero. Hopefully I will get to experience some of this weather first hand not simply as mediated through my bedroom window.

-I am now down to 2/5 for this year's Roll Up the Rim to win. Though my last rim wasn't successful I don't feel so bad about the loss as I normally would. In this case, before rolling up the rim I sold 50% of the outcome to Rebecca for 50 cents. The final negative outcome, at least as far as I was concerned, was somewhat tempered by the fact that I had reduced my risk made 30 cents on top of the crudely calculated expected value of the rim. I may have to start collecting my rims and then selling some of the action to make up for the fact that I will otherwise likely get nothing from the experience.

-Last night all three of us attended a talk by Jorge Cham of Piled Higher and Deeper/Ph.D. Comics organized by DAGS. I was pleased to see that quite a number of math grad students made the trip, as did a number of political science students.

Afterwards most of us (meaning math and political science) made our way to the Grawood, the campus bar, for a few drinks, some food, socializing, and trivia. While the food, drinks, and socializing were great, the trivia was a bit of a dud. I am not sure exactly what it is, but they really don't know how to write good trivia questions at the Grawood. Not surprisingly, not having good questions makes the whole thing rather unpleasant.

-We have two Ultimate games tomorrow. We have this unusually large number because of our scheduling problem last week.

-My PB is still 9 chin-ups. It seems that I haven't made much progress in the past day or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Donald McKay said...

Kirsten is a 8 proper chin ups.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.