Sunday, March 07, 2010

Brier Bound

As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, Halifax is hosting this year's Brier, the national men's curling championship. This is, arguably, the most prestigious curling tournament/bonspiel in the world and annually draws some of the best curlers from across the country.

I presume that almost as soon as Neil heard that the Brier would be in town he decided that he wanted to go. A few weeks ago he finally settled on tickets, a two draw package for today. The first game will be the afternoon draw and will see Newfoundland play Saskatchewan. Neil and Rebecca will be attending this game.

The second of the games will be this evening's draw, which will feature a game between Newfoundland and Alberta. Neil and I will be attending this game together.

Though Neil tells me otherwise, I am a little concerned that curling may be a little bit difficult to watch from a stadium. I am hoping that the loss of the overhead camera angle won't make things too hard to see (though I guess I won' really know until I get there.

It seems that our tickets also get us access to the Brier Patch, some kind of party event that takes place each evening and involves live local music. While it seems likely that Neil and I may swing by for a few minutes (just to get the most out of our tickets), I really can't imagine this being my kind of thing.

I will let you know how this all works out.

No comments: