Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Delinquent blogging

I've been waaaay too slack with my posting. Tomorrow would be a month since my last post. As I'm out of practice, and I'm supposed to be somewhere else in 12 minutes, I'll make this quick.

I had an excellent trip and I made it back safely, three weeks ago today. In the past couple days especially, I've been spending much less time on my computer. I had be trying to spend less time surfing the web, but that lead to more game playing, especially cribbage. Most importantly I haven't been spending much time at all on facebook, which I'm pleased with, but it also means I haven't posted any pictures recently.

In terms of real news in my life, I've been accepted into the PhD programme here. I've also been offered funding from the department, which isn't as much as I'd like necessarily, but it's enough to live off of. I should hear from NSERC by the end of March.

Academically, as opposed to paperwork in academia, I should really get cracking on thesis research. However, I've been cluing up some work from the summer and David Pike (from MUN) and I should be submitting a paper soon.

I'm off to trivia at the Grad House now. Dal had a referendum recently about some issues that concerned the Grad House. The referendum didn't pass and it may be that the GH is only around for another year. The president, Tom Traves, had threatened to knock it down (and not replace it) if the referendum didn't pass.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Ah, another cribbaholic. Please ge thelp. There are others like you at Cribbaholics Unanimous at www.crbblog.blogspot.com.

Good luck mate.

Joe said...

Ah, another cribbaholic. Please get help. There are others like you at Cribbaholics Unanimous at www.cribblog.blogspot.com.

Good luck mate.