Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 73

-Today was quite warm and slushy. The temperature seems to have risen quickly early this morning.

This quick change has made a mess of the large amount of ice that was starting to accumulate on the sidewalks and street corners. This problem is the greatest just up the street form me as we seem to have had a water mane break. This caused a huge amount of ice build up, which is now slush.

-It seems that Ms. Devereaux’s team lost in extra ends at the World Junior Curling Championships. They were up two going into the tenth only to give up a steal of two. They then gave up a steal of 1 in the eleventh for the loss. I was thinking they had it locked up when I saw the score after nine.

-Mr. Gushue plays tomorrow. A win by Newfoundland would be only second Brier win for Newfoundland. The first came 1976.

-As I received my tips last night and had some cash in hand I went grocery shopping today. Some of my first purchases were herbal tea. In total I ended up purchasing three flavours, two of them new to me. At Eden I purchased some Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger (my favourite) and some Stash Mango Passionfruit. At Lobos I purchased some Traditional Medicinals Organic Rose Hips herbal tea. So far I am not all that impressed with either the rose hip or mango/passionfruit.

My total is now nine flavours of herbal tea in my apartment and two in my locker at school for a total of eleven.

Most of my other purchases were either sale items or cheap produce, including a carton of fresh raspberries for a dollar.

-Today was a busy day at library school. All kinds of people, including myself, were in the lounge working on group projects. Hopefully my collection development project is nearing a completion point.

-My “Roll Up The Rim” losing streak has been extended by another loss. Maybe I will keep it going tomorrow.

No comments: