Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 80

-Today wasn’t all that bad, though it wasn’t that great either. It became unpleasant this evening once black ice started to form on the sidewalks and streets. Hopefully I won’t have to deal with this on my walk to school tomorrow morning.

-I am now 1/25 on Roll Up the Rim. Clearly I am doing something wrong as the normal distribution rate is 1/9.

-I had to spend several hours in the library this evening. My goal was to find materials related to youth computer game playing in libraries. In many ways I was pleasantly surprised at how much I found. Previous searches have been much less successful. Part of my success must be attributed to using the thesaurus properly, something that I learned how to do in a recent class.

The unfortunate side of things is that many of the articles that I found are not available at McGill. Inter-library loan (ILL) requests had to be filed.

The ILL process at McGill was not fun. I was quite tempted to just forget about it. They have some kind of online system that brings together users from Bishop’s, Concordia, and McGill. The downside of the system is that you can’t search by journal title, you don’t get a request form that is specifically designed for the type of work that you would like, and it assumes that the user has more knowledge than is likely.

-Earlier today I booked my flight to St. John’s. I will be heading back on the evening of the 19th, and arriving early in the morning of the 20th. If the flight is on time I will even have enough time for a quick trip down to George Street for a few rounds.

-I have to work tomorrow and Friday. Between these two shifts I need to do a serious amount of schoolwork.

-I made another batch of cornbread today. It seems that I am really hitting it hard.

It is kind of funny that I made cornbread today because I was too lazy to go back to the store. I wonder if most people would have the opposite experience?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You might want to check your reservation.

Mom

Cameron said...

Yes, I was a day off in my calculations. I will be leaving on the 20th and arriving on the 21st, to start on the 23rd.

Should be fun.