Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 76

-Today was another relatively warm day in Montreal. According to the Environment Canada 24 hour trends graph, we were above freezing all day.

If things continue like this we will be out of snow in no time. The problem is that it does not looks as though things will continue like this, snow is being forecast for the end of the week.

-My losing streak at Tim Horton’s ended today. I am now an impressive 1/16. The good thing is that I won a coffee, which I will re-invest in a new losing streak.

-My mustache is doing well. You may recall that it is a horseshoe mustache and a soul patch. Talk about classy.

Amazingly, the longer it stays the more I appreciate it. As far as I am concerned it is a serious step up from the beard in terms of looks, but a serious step back in terms of maintenance.

-I have too much boring work to do.

-It looks as though I will be going back to St. John’s for the summer. If anyone knows of any high paying part-time evening and weekend jobs please let me know, I will be looking to supplement my income. Another goal for the summer is to do some reading (though this will not happen to the same degree that I would like it to).

-Boring work has really helped my dedication to blogging.

-I should make some more cornbread, the batch I made yesterday is gone already.

5 comments:

Neil said...

When you buy a XL coffee and win a coffee what size is it? It that the same if you buy a small coffee?

The phrase "My mustache is doing well." is an oxymoron, unless you're referring to, what we would call in mathematics, an empty mustache. I feel as your brother I'm required to let you know that the mustache is doing you no favours. I'll refer you to the fact that when I had a mustache last year for a brief period of time (instead of a weak beard) most people other than yourself and Mom preferred the beard. I believe we're seeing something similar going on here.

On a related note, I think it's your hick-like mustache that is making you eat so much cornbread, interesting.

You could play poker or sell shoes on eBay, both are high-paying evening and/or weekend jobs.

Neil said...

I'm going to answer my own question: You can get any size coffee you want. Also, the odds of winning a prize is approximately 1 in 9. I calculated that 17% of the time purchasing 15 coffees will result in no winners.

Cameron said...

That is the scam part, you buy an XL and win and you only get up to a large back. Fortunately, because I am a regular customer and always buy an XL that is what I got today when I redeemed my rim. Though I should note that this only happened because the regular staff member stepped in and hooked me up, the first woman didn't want to give it to me.

Originally the phrase "mustache is doing well" wasn't going to be there and instead something along the lines of "this is a photo of my mustache." The problem was that Blogger would not let me load the photo. I may have to try and do it from school in the near future.

The cornbread making is coming because I was reminded that I know how to make it. One of my friends gave me a nice compliment on it today, she said it was the best cornbread she had ever had.

It is odd that the mustache is growing on me, maybe it is a bad sign. Anyway, I guess we will see how things go. I wouldn't mind getting a bit of the fu manchu on the go, at least for a while anyway.

What about VLT proxy player. People give me their VLT money so that I can play for them. I then turn over any winnings. There would be an hourly rate plus a bonus for every big win. This could definately work.

Rebecca said...

The moustache (I am Canadian, so that's how I spell it) probably suits a VLT proxy player, but not anyone else. If you plan to have a career as a VLT proxy player, then feel free to keep the moustache.

With regards to your comment about having a fu manchu, I will refer you to the wikipedia article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu_Manchu_moustache
Do you really want to look like that guy?

Cameron said...

I believe that the Fu Manchu as described by Wikipedia is actually more like a crappy horseshoe moustache.

This site provides a pretty good description of them all, and very nice images: http://www.ftmguide.org/facialhair.html#mustache

The Fu Manchu element that I am thinking about is that the facial hair on the side would grow out while there wouldn't be anything under the neath. I guess we will have to see how things go.

At the moment, I don't really have a proper horseshow, nor a Fu Manchu, maybe just a modified Chevron?