Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 70

-Another chilly day in Montreal. Apparently, with wind chill, it is down to almost -40. While this is the official story I am not sure that it is correct, at least where I live. It was certainly cold on my walk to school today, but not as cold as it has been at other points this year.

-As of today I have had my mustache for a week. While I don’t really think that it is much of an improvement over the beard, it does get more laughs. In fact, frequently when I look at myself in the mirror, say when I am brushing my teeth, I start to laugh. It is nice to bring a smile to people’s faces.

Another nice thing about the mustache over the beard is that I seem to be scaring people a little less. It seems that many people on subway platforms felt a little uncomfortable around a tall, unshaven, scraggily haired, shorts wearing guy. As I don’t consider myself to be a scary person I didn’t really enjoy getting this reaction.

-I have been suffering from a slight cold-type ailment for a few days now. While I have been taking some cold medication I finally switched to a sinus medication and it seems to have eliminated my sinus pain. Part of the problem is that it took me a while to identify the problem as a sinus problem. Even if I don’t get better at least I will be medicated correctly.

-I should get back to work. I have to head back to school this afternoon to work on a collection development policy project. Maybe when I get back I will try to tackle my case study.

No comments: