Friday, March 23, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 81

-Today has been a pretty nice spring day here in Montreal. While there is still plenty of snow on the ground things are generally pretty pleasant. The only problem seems to be that there is some run-off accumulation at some corners. I am hoping that it will stay like this so that either tomorrow or Sunday I will be able to take my unicycle out for a quick ride.

-I am now 1/27 on Roll Up the Rim. It seems that I might want to try changing the location of my purchases, especially on the weekend as I don’t really enjoy the Saturday and Sunday staff as much as the weekday staff.

-On Sunday afternoon about 12 of us will be curling for a few hours. It seems that I will be one of the most experienced curlers there. It seems that I will be responsible for giving people a bit of an introduction before we start (it seems this way because I volunteered to do this). The kink in the game is that we will be playing with three teams, kin-ball style. I am looking forward to skipping my foursome to victory, though I am not sure that I can afford to buy drinks for two losing teams.

-Tonight is the night, the mustache and cleavage party. For the past month or so I have had my mustache in anticipation of this event. The only problem is that during this month I have grown attached to my mustache. I might have to keep it for beyond tomorrow.

-Back to work tonight, another chance to keep people in clean glassware.

-Today I made a pretty big lettuce and leaf free salad. My salad contained chopped carrots, chopped celery, and chopped red onion. As I don’t eat vinegar, my salad dressing was comprised of lemon juice and olive oil with a few herbs and spices. With two corned beef sandwiches this turned into a very satisfying lunch.

-The pigeons keep coming back to the roof across from me. This really impresses me as there is a pretty intensive construction project ongoing. We will have to see what happens in the future though as their favoured brick structure is no longer available.

No comments: