Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 74

-Today was a beautiful day in Montreal. As has been the case for the past 48 hours or so, the weather was a few degrees above zero. On top of this the sun has been out, and because of daylight savings time is still up. If I didn’t have so much work to do I would like to take a walk.

-“Do you self-identify with, or have ancestry as an Aboriginal person (status or non-status Indian, Métis or Inuit)?” was a questions that I faced on a survey supported by McGill today. This seems to be taking political correctness to a nonsensical extreme. What do they mean by “self-identify with”?

-A classmate of mine attended a “Newfoundland Party” last night. Apparently she met someone from Newfoundland that knows me and reads this esteemed publication. The unfortunate thing is that based on the information that I have been given I can’t quite figure out who this could be. There may be some connection to the law school, but I don’t know exactly what that is.

-My Tim Horton’s losing streak continues. Maybe this means that I am going to win something big?

-I have a big project due tomorrow. Fortunately, over the past few days my partner and I have made a fair bit of progress. We are just tidying things up at this point.

-Neil has not posted in a long time, nearing a month. I know that grad school can take a fair bit out of someone but I also know that he must have the occasional few minutes free, during which he could jot down a quick post.

-Back to school tomorrow after a nice weekend of work and sleep.

-My dinner is currently in the oven. I will be having “Chicken and Rice,” a family favourite that is basically rice, chicken pieces (in this case two breasts), celery, and cream of mushroom soup. All of these ingredients, along with a few added for additional flavour, are baked together until the chicken and rice are done. This dish should be served warm with vegetables.

No comments: