Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 179

-As I suspected, things the skies were pretty overcast as I made my way to work this morning. Fortunately, as the day progressed things turned around a little, only revert to their original status for the late afternoon and evening. Fortunately neither the wind or precipitation were particularly noticeable or bothersome.

-It was quite nice to have some fresh bread for breakfast. Tomorrow I plan on having a little blood pudding with my bread. I was able to pick up two nice slabs of the fabulous breakfast 'meat' for only 88 cents.

-Today my major food preparation project was a chicken lentil curry. I was motivated to make this dish because I had previously agreed to watch my sister this evening, and also to prepare dinner for her.

While the curry component of the dish wasn't quite overwhelming, or really even all that noticeable, it was quite an inoffensive dish. My only real regret was that I was forced to use lentils rather than chick peas (but that is what happens when the local grocery store doesn't stock a standard run of groceries).

-After dinner my sister and I made our way over to the local university library. While there I collected and began to read a few books that relate to political science. My sister spent her time studying for her upcoming junior high exams.

Though we only spent about an hour in the reading room I think that it is safe to say that both of made progress and were glad that we made the trip.

One of the best parts of the trip from my perspective was that I was able to test out my alumni borrowing privileges. As I hoped, everything went off without a hitch and I was able to borrow about six books (and should be able to renew them online if need be).

Hopefully trips such as these will leave my sister with a positive impression of libraries. Maybe I will have to make a point of heading up there with her again to solidify her positive impression of the place.

-Again today I found some abuse of the TD 195 class number. What is it that is so attractive about this particular number that causes it to be so freely used by catalogers?

No comments: