Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 188

-Though things started off poorly today, by mid-morning we were in the midst of a rather fine day. Again, we had clear skies and reasonable temperatures. As far as I am concerned I can deal with the crappy, overcast mornings if the afternoons and evenings were always this nice.

-As I was preparing my lunch this morning I noticed that we were out of carrots, and peppers. While in past months this wouldn't have been too much of a problem, I am presently in this midst of a quite the vegetable surge. So for the first time in almost a month I didn't have to prepare vegetables with the rest of my lunch. On the consumption end this was also a little frustrating, a few carrot sticks would have gone quite nicely with my sandwich and piece of gingerbread.

-It seems that I missed the first episode of the Gordon Pinsent obituary show. More troubling is that I may have completely misunderstood when it was to air. It now looks as though I was 12 hours off the scheduled time. Even worse that just missing the show or the correct time is that I have now learned that it is likely that the show will only be broadcast during the work day, making regular listening almost impossible.

-Last night my parents, sister, and I played Pictionary. My parents played on a team against my sister and I. More than ever before it seemed as though there were a ridiculously large number of all-plays. It seemed that we could hardly go a turn without an all-play hitting.

Even worse than the large number of non-category specific all-plays was the one that Kirsten and I were stuck on for about 30 minutes. We couldn't seem to catch a break. Do any of you know how hard it is to draw 'hangover' for a 12 year-old girl? Another one that we were hit with, 'box cars,' was particularly hard considering that we haven't had trains in this province for longer than Kirsten has been alive.

Not surprisingly, we were smoked. I am not sure that we even made it half-way around the board. I guess my desire to exchange Cranium for Pictionary as the family game isn't quite about to happen.

-At about 2:00 PM today Kirsten called to see if I was free to go to Mount Pearl. At first I wasn't exactly sure what they were talking about, particularly as I was then at work and would be for the next few hours (and I knew that they knew this). Eventually I was able to piece things together and confirm that they were in fact just about to head to Mount Pearl, and seemingly thought that I could just drop work and take the trip out with them. They didn't seem to quite understand that being at work means that I can't just take off with no notice, even if I will eventually have to head to Mount Pearl at some point this summer to get a new driver's license photo taken.

-For a second Thursday in a row my weekly ultimate game will fall on a Thursday. Though I am likely in a minority, Friday would really be preferable to this. Furthermore, this is likely to be a hard fought game against one of the more experienced teams (More Cowbell) in our division. Hopefully we will be able to pull out a victory.

No comments: