Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 184

-Though today was forecast to be a nice day, things don't seem to have worked out like that. Instead of the predicted clear skies and temperatures in the mid-teens we seem to have overcast skies with temperatures holding steady near 10 degrees. Furthermore, the forecast has now gone from including some sun in the 5 day forecast to now a copy/paste approach of just predicting rain/fog for the next five days.

-I had a pretty large lunch today. Along with my roast beef sandwich I had two lamb chops, two carrots, and half of an orange pepper.

-Amazingly I am already sending things to Halifax for the Fall. Rebecca's father will be transporting a few boxes to Halifax for me. Hopefully such planning will mean that I won't have all that much to pack when I eventually get around to moving myself there at the end of the summer.

-We managed to pull off another win at tonight's ultimate game. As with the past two games, playing against relatively new teams has been helpful. The plan is to get a practice in before next week's game, something that I think will be useful.


-For the first time I was able to legitimately use the subclass VD (Naval seamen). As petty a joke as it is, I was quite pleased to have actually come across a book that topic that I was allowed to catalogue. If my luck keeps up, maybe I will eventually get to put a Bible in the BS section.

-Last night, while heading into a bar, I was IDed. This shocked me as the person I was walking in with is exactly 3 months older and was not IDed. Furthermore, that they are IDing me suggests that I look as though I am no older than 18, which is something that I find hard to believe. Also, how many eighteen year-olds go out on a Wednesday night at a non-happening bar with someone who looks so much older?

Anyway, I guess it isn't that big a deal, but for some reason it really gets to me.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

The rule of thumb is that they ID anyone they think is 25 and under.

A few weeks ago, Neil and I got IDed going into Boston Pizza (an unlikely spot for underage drinking) by a girl who appeared to be 6 years younger than me.

Anonymous said...

More likely, they thought that Cameron was the older fellow's toy boy.

Cameron said...

Rebecca, I think that you are likely correct. Maybe what I found most surprising, and didn't mention in the post, was that this was a bar that I have visited a number of times since my return without hassle (hell, I have even been at a party at the owner's summer home).

Not sure if I follow the second comment.