Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's up with me

So it's been a while since I've posted. I'll start off with a quick summary of my last couple months.

In October, I got home safely from my trip to Georgia for the INTEGERS conference. November must have been pretty uneventful, because I don't remember it. Christmas was a little lame, haha, but good. In January I went to a conference in Banff. The conference was in my research area, Combinatorial Game Theory, and I was happy to meet Elwyn Berlekamp and Richard Guy among others. After the conference I spent a couple days in Calgary with friends (who shall remain nameless as per Cameron's convention). Then I spent about 24 hours in/going to/coming from airports, finally arriving back in Halifax. In February, March and April I was mostly doing schoolwork. However, in that time I attended talks given by Gwynne Dyer, Preston Manning and Art Benjamin (a mathemagician). Also, I went to the East Coast Combinatorics Conference (ECCCCCCCC) in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. In May, Rebecca and I found a place for the three of us to live in September. Subsequently our living room was filled with boxes shipped on Montreal.

Next week, Kirsten comes for a visit and we're moving.

Today, Rebecca's father arrives. He drove here via the Port-aux-Basques ferry. Also, I have a ultimate (frisbee) game today. I joined a team that played last year and has a couple of my friends on it. Today will be our third game. Our record so far is 1-1. Fortunately all our games so far have been at 'The Commons', which is within walking distance. Unfortunately next week's game is much further away, and thus I'll have a bum a ride with someone.

I'll finish'er off with a quick weather report. It is sunny, and the internet says it is warm. Our apartment is quite cool became the hasn't been hitting our side of the building for very long, and not much other than direct sunlight warms us up at 27 floors.

No comments: