Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 181

-Today has been another sub-par day with overcast skies and occasional periods of rain. Fortunately, things weren't too windy or too cold. Hopefully this type of weather will either bring the capelin or come to an end, either option being relatively acceptable at this point.

-The banana bread I made yesterday turned out pretty well. I modified, by adding chocolate chips, a recipe handed down to my mother from my grandmother. I think that I will likely try to make the recipe again, but in future attempts I might add both nuts and chocolate chips.

-Earlier today I had a very odd head related experience. Each time I chewed I felt as though there was an echo in my head. Tapping on the right side of my head lead to the same experience. Fortunately, through the power of sleep I was able to rid myself of the problem and get myself back to just a normal headache situation. Though more painful, the second phase of the condition was much less disconcerting.

-For dinner tonight I had boiled carrots, green beans, lamb chops, and a quick bread. For desert, while my family was having bananas foster, I had a fairly large helping of carrot sticks.

-While cleaning the basement yesterday we came across some old hard-wood flooring that we didn't have any plans for. I suggested that we give it to Jeff, a friend of mine who works in the world of wood and wood products.

This evening Jeff came over to pick up the wood, along with two faucets. This was great because it allowed us to clear up a section of the basement while giving something useful to someone that can actually use it.

-My own bedroom cleaning program seems to have stalled. While I was able to make some progress a few weeks ago I haven't managed to finish the job. Maybe I should try and put away my papers from Montreal, something that would at least be a step in the right direction. Also, removing the things I plan on giving away (along with the empty beer bottles) would also be a good next step.

I kind of feel that if I am able to clear some of these things out I might be able to install, for the remainder of the summer, a stereo system that is presently stored in the basement (though this would be somewhat unnecessary and would take up all of the space that I gained through my cleaning).

-I am definitely beginning to get nervous about my transition to Dal in the fall. I really hoped that I would have done more preparatory reading by now. Also, I really need to contact my prospective supervisor about reading and course selection. Maybe I will develop enough fear by the end of the week to allow me to move forward on this front.

No comments: