Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 186

-For a change, the sun was actually visible and the skies blue when I arose this morning. My memory is that this is about the first time that I have had this experience in about a month. To go along with this visibly nice weather the temperatures have actually risen and are now year room temperature. Unfortunately, cloud cover has threatened, but been defeated, at several points today.

-As part of the seemingly never ending room clean-up that I have been working on for weeks I managed to do some coin rolling today. While it took me a while to get through the few pounds of coins that I had, it didn't take as long as I originally imagined that it would.

When everything was sorted and wrapped I ended up with:
-19 rolls of pennies for a total of $9.50
-6 rolls of nickels for a total of $12.00
-5 rolls of dimes for a total of $25.00.

With a few quarters and loonies tossed into the mix the total of sorted coinage was approaching $55.00.

-After an abortive trip to Plaza Bowl for some Saturday night bowling I ended up going for a beer at Big Ben's Pub. As Greg, Nikita, and I walked in it was immediately clear that this wasn't all that happening a night at this local pub. Aside from the three of us, everyone in the bar was playing or watching the VLTs.

Though some might not be so keen on such a bar experience, I was actually pretty pleased. We didn't have to wait in line at the bar. Prices were pretty standard, and would have been great if we had noticed the specials sign when we walked in. Possibly most importantly, the place wasn't too loud. We were able to carry on a conversation without yelling or trying to be heard above the noise of the other clients.

-Yesterday we received a call from some friends. They were calling to tell us that they were in Witless Bay and wondering if we would be interested in having them for dinner if they could get some fresh snow crab. Not surprisingly my parents quickly agreed.

Though I am not an eater of crab (or any invertebrates) I did enjoy watch the process of consumption, particularly as it involved covering the table with newspaper and then piling exoskeleton on the table. Also, like fondue, the meal tends to be longer and more drawn out than usual as the cooking is done during the meal rather than before (making it a very social food).

-Great to see that Neil has finally posted again. It is somewhat impressive that only when he is getting ready to move can he find the time to post.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Maybe Neil would post more if Cameron didn't post immediately afterwards.

Cameron said...

Maybe, but I am not sure if that theory is all that probable.

In my defense, if that is even what is needed in this instance, I had started the creation process before I even realized that Neil had posted that day. That I posted immediately after him was just a conincidence.

Anyway, he just needs to post more.