Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 187

-For the third day in a row we have had pretty decent weather. While we now have blue skies, they were not visible when I awoke. Strangely, the temperature seems to be higher than predicted, but still not particularly hot and unpleasant.

-At some point during the night before last I was awoken by the ka-chunk feeling of a kidney stone moving through my innards. Fortunately this wasn't a bothersome enough experience to truly jar me from my sleep (probably because I knew that there was nothing that I could really do about the matter at that point in time). Anyway, after a few brief, but sharp, spurts of pain I seem to have reverted back to my status quo antebellum (and the 'bellum' would be a reference the mono that I experienced last summer).

-While looking through the Globe today I saw an article about a new CBC Radio One show to be hosted by Gordon Pinsent. My understanding is that the show will basically be radio obituaries for individuals who are not particularly well known. As I am a big fan of obituaries and CBC Radio One I will have to make an effort to tune into the first show this evening (though it would really be better if the show was available via podcast).

-The newspaper also gave me some surprising news about George Carlin. It seems that Mr. Carlin passed away on Sunday.

Just a few days ago I listened to an interview that suggested that Mr. Carlin played an important role in the growth/changing of American comedy. His use of 'obscenities' might be the aspect of his comedy that is most famous, and, at the time, groundbreaking.

-Yesterday, while looking through my wallet I noticed that I had a few unused Roll-up-the-Rim winners that I hadn't used. All three of them were doughnuts. I guess it would seem that I might not eat as many doughnuts as I once used to.

-While at work today I competed in a long putt competition. The goal was to get one's ball as close to an 'x' on the ground as possible. Due to a slight mis-understanding of the rules I didn't take advantage of the fact that I could bounce by ball off the walls as well as the door behind the 'x.' The result was that my balls were pretty wimpily swatted done the course for poor results while other were really rocketed a the target for fair degrees of success.

No comments: