Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 180

-So far, today has been a pretty sub-par day. Not only have we had to deal with the typical overcast skies of the past few days, but also with intermittent rain. Fortunately, the wind has been relatively calm so even if you are out walking things aren't too bad.

-Not surprisingly, as it has been no higher than 10 degrees all week, my beans have still not sprouted, or shown any other signs of life. My fear, which is growing by the day, is that I will need to re-plant, which may cause production to be so delayed that I will have to leave the province before I can reap the rewards of home grown vegetables.

-As is our Saturday tradition, Kirsten and I made our way to Georgetown Bakery to pick up some bagels.

On the way there we stopped, as is our habit, at a local coffee and doughnut shop to pick up traveling drinks. As we approached the counter the manager recalled our order from last week and wanted to know if we would be having the same. Though this isn't a particularly new experience for me, I am pretty sure that this is the first time such a situation has arisen for Kirsten.

-Things finally reached a breaking point and my parents have decided to conduct a major junk removal operation in the basement. Hopefully this will result in more operational space, less crap, and a fully operational lathe work station.

The project, which will be large, will likely carry over into tomorrow, and possibly into the early part of the week. We likely won't even be able to start on some of the space issues until the crap levels have been reduced.

Aside from a general reduction of crap, the greatest benefit to me will likely be a functional lathe and lathe tool sharpening area. I will hopefully be able to use this area to do some lathe based bowl making this summer.

-I think that I will be having homemade chicken rice soup for dinner tonight.

-This afternoon I went for a walk downtown. While in the downtown core I stopped for a coffee, which also signalled the halfway point of my walk. By the time I started to climb the hill surrounding the downtown area I could feel the effects of the espresso based drink. While I am not sure if my heart was beating more quickly, I was certainly feeling more edgy.

-If things go as planned, Kirsten and I will make some banana bread this evening.

No comments: