Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 190

-Today, like yesterday, is not as nice a day as I would have liked. Instead of having sun and clear skies we are back to fog and rain. This deterioration in physical beauty seems to have caused the temperatures to have dropped by about 10 degrees, presumably just because mother nature likes to kick people when they are down.

-At some point yesterday afternoon I decided to bake some bread. When I eventually got around to rounding up the necessary ingredients I found out that I was going to be a little short on the fats side of things.

Fortunately a quick trip to the store put me back on track (and also reminded me that we were short on oats).

As I started collecting the flours and grains I learned that we had some kind of multi grain flour. As I had never seen this used before I thought that I would give it a try and see how it worked. One noticeable difference is that the bread has more visible grains than before (even though I have tended to use many non-flour ingredients).

Eventually we ended up with 8 grainy loaves. Unfortunately, as is commonly the case, I had no interest in tasting the bread once it came out of the oven. Luckily, my father was able to taste the bread and seems to have given it a basing grade.

-Yesterday evening I received an email that suggested that I wasn't fully/properly registered for my ultimate team this summer. While this may be the case (though I did complete the online registration) they seem to have received my money and also placed my name on the team list. I am not sure how these two things occurred without my full-fledged registration.

-It seems that we are either entering wedding or now completely in the middle of wedding season. My parents will be attending a wedding this afternoon while I have one to attend in a few weeks. It seems that I know of at least one or two other couples who will also be getting married this summer.

What I don't quite understand is why so many of my acquaintances are getting married this particular summer, and why I haven't experience so many weddings in past summers. On the other hand, this could just be the beginning of a multi-year trend among members of my peer group (as we are entering the marrying age).

-My laptop is painfully slow.

-Last weekend I was able to remove a bookcase from the area between my desk and my bed. My room now feels much more open. What I am now wondering is why I didn't work on this issue as early as last summer (when the bookcase mysteriously appeared in my room).

-As usual, this morning I made my way over to Georgetown bakery to buy a dozen bagels. Unlike recent trips, I was not accompanied by my sister, who is at Guide camp. Though her absence meant that I had to do everything myself I would still classify the trip as a success.

No comments: