Wednesday, August 05, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 339

-Though today was as hot and humid as other recent days, for some reason it just didn't feel quite as bad. Maybe I am getting used to it? On second thought, I am pretty sure I was sweating rather profusely all day, which would suggest that I did in fact feel the heat and humidity.

-This evening, to test out my newly repaired bike, I went on a quick 5 km bike ride (though at the time I assumed that I must have gone at least 10 km). The ride was quite nice, and at times I found it hard to believe that I hadn't ridden a bike in almost a year. Assuming we have nice weather tomorrow I will probably try to take similar trip then, though I might mix up the route a little just for something to do.

-I wonder if the increase in buskers that I mentioned a few days has something to do with the Halifax International Busker Festival that is to start tomorrow and run until the 16th? While the website seems to mention a number of the associated acts I can't seem to find a performance schedule. I guess they want you to just head down and check things out for a few hours a time.

-I cooked some Jacob's Cattle beans for dinner tonight, though as Neil and Rebecca weren't here I am the only one that has had any of them yet. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.

-I guess I should try to get back to work, especially if I am thinking about attending a few of the Busker Festival performances.

No comments: