Monday, August 31, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 352

-I was going to say that today was pretty nice then I realized that I couldn't really remember if that was the case. Upon a little more reflection I might have to say that today was passable, but not great. For the better part of the day it was overcast, though not really wet. At some points I recall feeling hot and sweaty, but that may not have had anything to do with the weather.

-What a weird night I had last night. After submitting my thesis to my committee and cracking into a few celebratory beers I got some unexpected (though it should have been expected) news. This, at about 4:00 AM, got me all hepped up and whatnot, completely removing any chance that I might be able to sleep in the next few hours.

I eventually decided that I would just stay up, go out to get a celebratory breakfast, and then head in to Dal to run an errand. Much to my surprise, I was actually able to do all of this, basically on the timeframe I set myself. I eventually made it back here and was ready to go to sleep at about 10:30 AM. I woke up at about 2:30 PM, feeling surprisingly refreshed.

Since then, much to my surprise, I have continued to feel rather alert and full. Actually, since about 6:00 AM I haven't had anything to eat, and I am not particularly hungry.

The more I think about it the more I think that I should probably just eat something.

-This evening, while running some errands, I was able to ride my bike. It was great to be out on the road, even though the trip was quite short. I wish I was a little more motivated to bike regularly.

-Today while at the grocery store I purchased for bags of discount corn chips for 99 cents a bag. As far as I can tell they appear to be completely fine. I wonder if they might be discontinuing the product. I guess I might try some tonight and determine whether they were worth my 99 cents.

-A few times in the past few days I have mentioned that I am trying to reduce my red meat consumption for kidney stone related reasons. Much to my surprise, this has been going remarkably well. Over the past week I have consumed almost no meat. Not surprisingly, my bean consumption (in various forms) has skyrocketed. Not only have I been having refried bean nachos, but I have been eating quite a bit of humus, and also some of my standard pressure-cooker bean dishes. I wonder if I will be able to keep this up once Neil and Rebecca return?

No comments: