Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 348

-The past few days have been great, at least by my standards. Things have been comfortably cool, but not cold. Furthermore, while the skies have been overcast rain hasn't been a problem. This type of weather is so much better than the 30 degree heat we had just a few days ago.

-Wow, some excitement near Dal.

-Neil and Rebecca seem to have safely arrived in Las Vegas. Sadly, I haven't heard anything else from them, nor have I seen any blog related activity from them. Presumably if I badger Neil enough he will just give in and start to post more?

-This is hilarious. I would have thought the they might have tried to put more effort on retaining the young adults that already live here before looking abroad. On a related front, I can't imagine that having some of this highest tuition rates in the country is helping attract youth from the rest of Canada to Nova Scotia.

No jobs and expensive tuition really doesn't seem to be a winning strategy to attract young adults to a region, but to each their own.

-I made a big batch of beans yesterday. I am hoping that they will last me for a few days and allow me to cut down on my food prep time. I can then invest these time saving directly in my thesis (or naps).

Actually, the thesis party has been getting a fair bit of my attention, more than I might have expected when I decided to throw the thesis party. I guess having the place to myself has been surprisingly good for my productivity. Now if I could just get the internet to eliminate streaming video content I could really focus on this thesis.

-For the past day or so my wireless connection has been horrible. Every few minutes it cuts out and I have to fool around to get it back. This is really starting to get on my nerves.

-The woman who has been taking her dog to urinate on the green space in front of my window has finally started to use plastic bags on a regular basis. I think it is safe to assume that this change was due to my public shaming on this blog.

Tonight she decided to play with her dog in front of my window. That I see her on a regular basis makes me feel like a bit of a creeper. I keep having to remind myself that I am in no way altering my behaviour to try and observe her, but rather that she is actively deciding to keep coming back the area across from my window. I never imagined it would be so easy to feel like a weirdo by doing nothing more than sitting at my desk and staring at a cement wall.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I think the faulty wireless connection may be the best thing to happen to your thesis since Neil & Rebecca left.

Glad to hear the thesis is progressing.

Cameron said...

It isn't quite so bad that I have no access, which would likely be a good thing.

Kathy said...

The faulty internet may be divine intervention. Good lick with the thesis writing.