Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hurricane Bill: live update 4

While I was able to get back to sleep for a while, eventually the somewhat regular blasts of wind got to me and I had to admit to myself that I was no longer really asleep, or likely to be able to go back to sleep.

Anyway, we are definitely in the midst of it now. There are gusts of very strong wind accompanied by pretty heavy rain.



(Source: Environment Canada, Satellite Images)

This is a quick video clip taken from our balcony.



[Embedded video]

Those of you who have been following my posts may recall that in my last post I mentioned that we were then between two sections (not the technical term) of the storm, which explained why it was calm but had been storm-like. It seems that neither Neil nor Rebecca had read this post and made their way out for breakfast while I returned to bed. While things were calm and dry on their way there, on their way back home they were nailed. To be fair, I am not sure that the knowledge that we were between two sections of the storm would have changed their behaviour.

I guess I should go and get something to eat.

No comments: