Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 348 (Addenda)

-Shortly after my last post I realized that there were a few more pressing items that I meant to include.

-For the past few weeks I have been thinking that I don't wear ties frequently enough. Yesterday I decided that to day would be the day I would try to slip back into the habit. By evening I finally got around to putting on my shirt, tie, pants, and jacket.

Basically as soon as I was dressed I decided to start preparing dinner. Of course boiling water and then eating food made me uncomfortably warm and I had to remove the jacket and tie. Later in the evening, when everything had been returned to its proper place on my body, I went for a walk. By the time I got back was incredibly hot and uncomfortable. I had forgotten that my neck would get sweaty while wearing a tie. I may try this again in the near future, but the neck sweat issue may be the deal breaker.

-A few weeks ago I mentioned I acquired a Twitter account. For the most part I don't really post much or have any inclination to post. Occasionally I am struck with ideas for a post and am unable to focus until they have been tweeted. Anyway, I had such an idea today.

While in retrospect it may not be as funny as I originally thought, I still think it merits a RT here. Anyway the post was: S brk h cn't ffrd vwls.

Do people get it? I feel that I should give people a chance to try to get it before I explain it.

-For the past few days I have been trying to reduce my beef consumption. Unfortunately this has been rather difficult as there are all kinds of beef-based left-overs in the fridge.

-A few days ago I learned about a CBC application for iPhones/iPod Touches that allows users to listen to streaming versions of Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 3, and television audio. The problem with this service, rather than the idea, is that the available streams are incredibly limited. St. John's, Halifax, and Montreal are all unavailable. Amazingly, Goose Bay, Inuvik, Iqaluit, Whitehorse, and Yellowknife are all available (though I imagine that their combined population may not be as large as even St. John's). More great attention to listener's interests by the CBC. Isn't it great that they provide the signals that are of the most interest to people with the least access to wireless/iPhone service?

4 comments:

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I wish I could afford to send you some money.

Cameron said...

It was meant as a joke, not a reflection of reality.

Kathy said...

Like wise.