Monday, August 24, 2009

Let's get this (thesis) party started

So Neil and Rebecca will be heading off to sunny Las Vegas for a week in a few hours. The main consequence for me is that I am now free to throw a week-long thesis party while I have the apartment to myself. For the most part I plan on hopping between a few quick shots of supplementary reading and some slow, sensuous editing. It is going to be a week-long thesis party like no other. I can't wait for the fun to start. Actually, in case I am being watched, I should acknowledge that I have actually already started the thesis party, though it isn't quite as happening as I would like it to be (maybe I should do a few a few quick lines of writing to speed things up).

To free me from my blogging obligations and responsibilities, which will allow me to focus all of my energies on the thesis party, I have asked that Neil try to make regular posts from Nevada. While he has suggested that this may be difficult as he doesn't expect to have regular internet access, I am hoping that Rebecca will be able to guilt him into at least a few posts (which will hopefully contain photos).

If he doesn't make the requested posts, I hope that he at least the legal limit of cheap American beer or a few bottles of MD 20/20 (or some Wild Irish Rose).

For those of you wondering, it seems unlikely that Neil and Rebecca will have the chance to engage in legal prostitution related activities, or even just see a brothel as, at least according to the Wiggy, prostitution appears to be illegal in the Las Vegas area.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great time, sorry to miss it.

Donald McKay said...

I had a 14 day thesis party for my masters. It was a hoot. My electric typewriter broke down a couple of times during the event, which added to the levity of such a festive occasion.