Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 345

-We had another 30 plus day today. My feeling is that it may have been even more unpleasant than yesterday, though it could just be that I am a little less tolerant of such weather the longer it goes on. Either way, this is definitely not fun and I am looking forward to a return to cooler temperatures.

-I was surprised to see that CBC was reporting that the temperatures were to fall, presumably sometime today (though the specifics seem to be scant). Sadly, the predicted cooling thunderstorms have not yet arrived, and, according to my reading of the most recent satellite imagery, don't even seem to be anywhere near Halifax. On top of that, the Environment Canada forecast for tomorrow is for it to be basically as warm tomorrow as it has been today.

-I repotted a few of my tobacco plants today. Now all of the original paper pots have been killed off and we are not on to a variety of slightly larger and sturdier plastic pots. If all goes well, these pots will eventually be replaced by larger pots.

-During the past few days I have been listening to past episodes the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography's fortnightly podcast. It has taken me a while to get into this podcast, but I now am starting to appreciate how good it is. If you are interested in British history it is definitely worth checking out.

No comments: