Thursday, August 06, 2009

Someone is in for a bit of a surprise

This evening I was making my way to towards the waterfront to check out a few Busker Festival acts when I noticed that one of the cars I was passing seemed to be parked very poorly. The front time was on the curb, quite near a sign post. My first thought was to try and imagine how someone could have done such a poor parking job.



I then noticed that there appeared to be something under one of the windshield wipers. At first I thought it must be a ticket that had been issued because of the poor parking job. When I got a little closer it became clear that it was a note. As I was reading the note things just didn't make sense to me. Eventually I came to the conclusion that someone must have hit the car.



I then made my way around to the other side of the car and discovered that someone did hit the car. The skid marks suggest that they not only hit the car pretty solidly, but also managed to push it up onto the curb, just narrowly missing the sign post.



Anyway, by the time I made my way back from the waterfront about an hour and a half later the note was still on the car. It appeared that the owner had still not discovered the accident. I really can't imagine how they will feel when they eventually do return to their vehicle and learn that it is not quite the same shape it was when the left it on the street.

No comments: