Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 38

-Another beautiful day today, so warm that I did not even need a jacket while the sun was out. It seems that it should remain above zero for at least the next few days.

-Work last night was not very much fun. To start off, I was a little under the weather and really just wanted a quick in and out night.

As I arrived and went to pick up the key to access the staff coat closet I noticed that someone was working on the dishwasher. I later learned that it had been out all day that that dishes from lunch were still waiting to be done. This basically set the tone for the rest of the shift.

Eventually the guy finished up with the dishwasher and we were able to use it by 7:30. Though by this point we were pretty backed up because of functions in the basement and the ballroom. On top of all of this we blew about 5 kegs.

Just before two I left, though several employees were still working. I was feeling as much worse than at the beginning of the night. The good side of this is that tips were good.

-With just about two days left I still have plenty to do. The first priority is finishing a paper I still have not completed, second is packing, and third is gift buying. I am suspecting that the first two priorities might be bumped in favour of the latter priority.

-For a few days now I have been thinking about my favourite Newfoundland hip-hop/rap group, Gazeebow Unit. Unfortunately I have found no one with whom I can reminisce about the quality of their rhymes or their quick rise to fame. Of course when a person-to-person relationship is not possible the next place to go is the web. After a quick googling I learned that Gazeebow Unit have a MySpace page with a few available tracks (most notably “Trikes and Bikes). At least once I am back in St. John’s I will be able to get this off of my chest.

For those of you who have not heard Gazeebow Unit you are in for a surprise/treat. The skeet lifestyle has never before received such an eloquent treatment.

No comments: