Saturday, December 02, 2006

Last Night

As soon as I walked in the front doors at Thomson House I could tell that it was a busy night. Firstly, there were more people than normal. Secondly, there seemed to be a party atmosphere along with several formal party-type events.

I was expecting a few people from my classes to show up, and I was not disappointed. Shortly after I clocked in at 6:00 I observed the first few liberrians. With in an hour or so the group had grown quite large. My guess is that at its peak the group neared 30.

While my classmates were showing up I was changing kegs. Between 6 and 8 we changed about 8 kegs and had to do some major re-stocking. During this time the busing was pretty intense, particularly since it had to be abandoned at certain times for the previously mentioned activities.

Things finally started to calm down at about 10:30 and were able to start preparing to close. As I was to clock out before close we advanced our normal time frame. By 12:00 I clocked out and joined my classmates for a few beers before Thomson House closed at 2:00.

It was a very busy, but enjoyable night. I actually wouldn’t mind if more of them were that busy as helps the time pass more quickly.

No comments: