Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Winter goings on

Last night I was able to participate in a curling match. My former skip guessed that I might be back in town and invited my to join his team for last night’s game. It turned out that it was a thumping. We managed to score only one point.

As I hadn’t curled in almost a year I was certainly a bit rusty at the beginning of the game. A few ends in I started to get a feel for things and made a few shots, mostly draws and guards. The plus side of losing was that I did not have to buy beer for the other team but instead received the beer.

As I was leaving the curling club I noticed that there were a few snowflakes in the air. Obviously a few more came during the night because when I woke up this morning there was a rater nice dusting. The snowflakes have continued to fall intermittently throughout the day, resulting in an even greater dusting. Small patches of snow covered pavement are even starting to show.

No comments: