Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 40

-We have maintained our nice snow cover, though I would not mind a little more. On top of that it would not be too bad to have the temperature drop by a few degrees, as a snow preservation function.

-I had a rather nice night on the town last night. My evening started at a house where my friend is staying for the holidays. From the house we headed downtown and visited a few local drinking establishments. We were able to see not only traditional Newfoundland music but also more contemporary music as performed by a friend of mine.

-I was just listening to the radio and the host was talking to a guest. The guest passed out wishes to his family and friends, as well as the entire population of Newfoundland. The host then asked the guest how his mother was, to which the guest replied that his mother had died earlier in the year. Not an answer that you want to get on live radio.

-Moments ago I received a phone call telling me that I had just won a free Caribbean cruise. All I had to do was to press 9 and deal with a few steps. Being the nice guy that I am, I let my brother proceed with the call, and presumably my free cruise.

No comments: