Tuesday, December 05, 2006

And People Laugh When I Tell Them I Live In A Ghetto

When I woke up this morning I was somewhat inclined agree with some members of my class in their contention that the McGill Ghetto is not a “real” ghetto. As I was heading to school today I learned otherwise, we are as ghetto as they come.

My morning started off like most other mornings. I got up, ate, took a shower, and prepared for school. At my normal time I started my descent from the fourth floor to the main floor. I then proceeded through the lobby to the vestibule.

Then I saw it, as I was heading through the lobby on my way out it came into view. A real live homeless person was hanging out in the vestibule, sitting there drinking a big bottle of the most typical American beer. He had obviously been there for a while as the entire room smelled of beer.

It was so intense! Ghetto life can be rough sometimes, but keeping it real helps me get through the day.

No comments: