Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Third Day of Christmas

I have continued to take shots of snow falling, at least when we have snow falling.


This clip was taken this morning, making it clear that snow continued to fall during the night.



This morning was filled with post-Christmas shopping (is this a North America only phenomenon?). Both of us set our alarms for 8:15 AM so that we could be out of the house and at the store for opening.

The first stop was a discount store that seemed to have some very good prices. My goal was to buy a blender and a home hair cutting kit. If all went as planned I would spend about $15. Upon arriving at the store I learned that things weren't going to be quite as straightforward as I might have like. There seemed to be two flyers, the one distributed to homes had better prices and was not available in the store, that had varying content. The layout of the store did not really assist shoppers in finding their desired products.

When we were finally ready to leave this store I had only my two desired products, I had had to fight a few enemy urges during the trip (one of which was to buy some cheap trumpets and sell them on eBay). Neil was a bit below his desired price range. This result occurred because an MP3 player he was buying for Rebecca's brother came in $10 below the advertised price and a hoped for phone had already sold out. He too did not buy any unplanned items, only his own home haircutting kit and the previously MP3 player.

After our first (well second if you count my coffee) commerical experience of the morning we went all the way out to Mount Pearl to pick Rebecca up and drop off the MP3 player. With this mission complete the three of us went to an even cheaper discount store and picked up a few items apiece for our respective out of province apartments. I purchased a set of three wrenches for $1.25, hopefully one of them will help me remove my infamous peggle.

We then returned home. I then quickly left so that I could go pick up the paper, though between these two events I checked my email and learned that Jerry Ford died.

Upon my return I decided to check out my new blender. As soon as I opened the box I noticed that things did not seem to be quite right, something seemed to be missing. It turns out that the bowl/glass was missing, I only had the motor. Fortunately, Neil was to head back to that part of town for a dental appointment and offered to exchange it for me. Hopefully in the next few minutes he will come back with a full version of the super cheap blender.

No comments: