Monday, December 04, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 30

-The weather was pretty nice today, a little on the cool side but nothing intolerable. Unfortunately, it looks as though some of the snow that melted in the noon-time sun turned to ice this afternoon. They really need to be a bit quicker with the salt around here.

-As I am always a sucker for beans I ended up picking up a few bags of romano beans. My idea is to try to replicate, with these new beans, the minor successes that I have had with my Brazilian black bean dish. I will let you know how things go.

-This morning I had a new type of hot cereal. It seems that the main ingredient, or at least the one after which it is named, is barley. It might be the barley, or it might not, but something about this stuff is seriously off. It was a less than pleasant flavour and texture experience.

-Two projects are due tomorrow. The past few days have been pretty busy preparing this for tomorrow. I think that they are ready to go, which isn’t all that bad, it isn’t even midnight.

-Shortly I will be heading out to the grocery store to pick up some provisions for this upcoming week, in particular some bacon for the bean dish. Maybe the trip will be slightly stretched so that it can be considered a walk.

-I also meant to clarify the picture in one of my recent posts. This was not meant to be an endorsement of any particular candidate, we just happened to find that sign in the garbage. If we had found anything from any of the other candidates photos would have been taken with those things also.

-Today I learned that our class received an extension for the last project that I have to hand in. The downside of this is that because a hard copy of the essay has to be submitted I won’t be able to take advantage of this because the new deadline occurs after I leave for St. John’s. Wonderful.

No comments: