Sunday, December 17, 2006

Back in Newfoundland

I made it safely back to Newfoundland sometime early this morning. Yesterday evening the airline staff members had lead me to believe that their could be some problems with my flight, fortunately nothing funny happened.

Based on various factors I ended up not getting to sleep until about 4:00 AM, a bit later than I had originally hoped. This was somewhat troublesome as I had to get up a make a few final changes to a paper that I had to submit today. Once the changes were finalized and the paper submitted I had to start to prepare for an showing of the Nutcracker that I was to attend at 2:00 PM.

As some of you may know, for many years I took part in this annual production. What encouraged me to go back this year to see it is that the artistic director/producer/founder will be leaving the province after almost 30 years. It was also enjoyable to see which elements were the same and which had changed in the few years since I was last involved.

It seems that most of the formal activities of my day ended after the show. The four of us in attendance came back and have largely been lounging around since that time. In a short while I hope to check out the mini-series in which I was an extra and then head to bed, though I managed to forget all three books that I am reading recreationally. So I have now started a fourth.

No comments: