Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Cleaning

When I woke up this morning I realized that my room had started to get a little out of hand. I had papers and documents all over the place, some of which were stacked for filing, others that were not. My desk had all kinds of things on it that had outlived their usefulness. Things were just generally cluttered.

So as soon as my regular Wednesday morning batch of bread was rising I started working on my room. By taking care of my backed up filling, much of which was related to a few school projects that I recently completed, I was able to make significant progress. I also put away several items that have been sitting on my floor since early January.

One of the most satisfying aspects of the cleaning mission was to clear my desk and given a quick scrub. After a number of months of use there has been some dust build-up in some of the areas that tend to have clutter. By removing everything I was able to access, and remove, this dust, and some miscellaneous debris.

Though I don't have any proof of this, I feel that having an organized room will likely make me more productive in the coming days. I guess the main reason for thinking this is that I should be able to save time by not having to sort through piles of crap to find things that I am looking for. Also, I won't have to take care not to step on things as I make my way through the room. Hopefully I can keep on top of things for at least a few days.

No comments: