Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 281

-Today was another pretty passable day, though I didn't make it outside so I don't know if the wind made things unpleasant.

-Environment Canada seems to have recently added 2 days to their forecast, making it a 7 day forecast. A friend of mine who is a meteorologist suggested that he doesn't listen to anything more than 48 hours out, so I wonder how useful these additional two days will be, especially given their track record with the 5 day forecast.

-Almost as soon as I woke up this morning I started making a batch of bread. After not too long a period of time I was able to tap into the first loaf, which happened to be the first thing I had to eat all day. Just a few minutes ago I managed to kill of this first loaf. It has been a while since I have killed off an entire loaf of bread in a single day all by myself.

-We had pinwheels for dinner tonight. I think everyone was satisfied with my menu choice.

-While preparing the aforementioned pinwheels I listened to the 1968 episode of Hearing Voices. It was a great. In episode included coverage of the 1968 Democratic convention riots, including a section of tape during which a reporter was gassed and a number of political speeches from the year. The only present-day content was a set of two interviews with former Merry Pranksters about their time with Ken Kesey and Acid Tests. Throughout music from 1968 was included to set the mood.

Actually, this is just one of a number of very good episodes of Hearing Voices that I have been listening to lately. The more I listen the more impressed I am with this show. I particularly enjoy their use of archival material. Anyway, if you like public radio documentary shows Hearing Voices might be to your liking.

-Just a few minutes ago Neil had to take the plunger to our toilet. I had noticed a problem a few minutes earlier but somehow managed to forget to deal with it in any way (though that had been my intention). Fortunately the problem wasn't particularly severe, nothing few strokes of a plunger couldn't take care of.

-While I still feel the remnants of my cold, it is definitely less potent than yesterday. Hopefully it will be completely gone in the very near future.

No comments: