Friday, March 13, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 287

-As noted previously, today was pretty great. The skies were clear and the wind was relatively low. The only slightly problematic element was that it was a little on the cool side of things, but as I didn't really spend all that much time outside this wasn't much of a problem for me.

-It seems that I am still dealing with the cold I picked up some time ago. The only remaining symptom seems to be my runny/stuffy nose, and even this is much less of a problem than it was a few days ago.

-London's Mayor Boris Johnson posted his chutney recipe on his blog today. It is definitely worth checking out. It is exactly the kind of recipe I would expect from Mr. Johnson.

-It seems that an individual Neil and I went to elementary school with is the sole survivor of the recent off-shore helicopter crash on the Grand Banks. I have heard that he is showing signs of improvement, which is great, though he is obviously still in a tough spot.

-The plants are continuing to grow rather nicely. In particular the thyme and new corn plants seem to be making the most progress, though the banana shouldn't be ignored.



The most impressive growth that I noticed today relates to the second ear of corn. It seems to have started to ooze all kinds of the tassel-like things at the end of the ear. I think they have grown rather noticeably since I took the photo a few hours ago.



As has been their habit for the past few weeks, the scarlet runner beans keep growing and sprouting new leaves. Still no sign of blooms.



I have started getting some of the plants to follow a second string back across the window. This doesn't seem to be going quite as smoothly as the first string.



I really like they way the beans have wrapped themselves around each other.



-I planted a few scarlet runner beans in my room yesterday. If all goes as planned they should be following a string and traversing my bedroom window in no time.

-It seems that Brad Gushue has secured himself a spot in the Brier play-offs. Gushue and team will be playing Jeff Stoughton on Saturday afternoon.

No comments: