Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 279

-It seems that we have received some of the freezing rain that Environment Canada predicted, but so far things aren't too bad. I certainly hope that we don't sustain significant damage to trees and infrastructure (a possibility that Environment Canada pointed out).

-I am quite glad that the blog-off has ended. Now we can get back to blogging at a regular pace. The end, in particular, was really quite tiresome.

Interestingly, the blog-off did improve our traffic numbers. I get the sense that part of this is that we were posting some content that was topical and of interest to those searching the internet (as a number of our new hits came from internet searches). Anyway, I presume that our traffic will drop off to its normal trickle now that we are back to normal.

I guess the key question is whether Neil will be able to continue posting now that we know that he has it in him.

-I am still somewhat on the ill side of things, which is a little frustrating. Hopefully this won't last too much longer.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I enjoyed the blog-off and the live blogging. Keep up the good work.

Cameron said...

Were you following the live-blogging live?

Kathy said...

Unfortunately it was post hoc.