Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 285

-In the past two hours the weather has gone from overcast and calm, to relatively heavy, wet snow with a touch of wind. Word on the street is that we could get up to 5 cm before it turns to rain. Great. I hope this doesn't make my walk to school tomorrow morning too unpleasant.

-This morning I got up and started a batch of bread. While the bread was rising and baking I worked on an essay that is due tomorrow. Once both were complete I felt a rather significant sense of accomplishment, and was somewhat proud of my domestic multi-tasking.

I guess I can now focus my energies on dinner and other assignments.

-A few days ago I realized that the several of the scarlet runner beans in the living room were soon going to run out of space to grow along the string set-up that I had created in the window. Eventually I decided that when they became long enough I would rung a string parallel to the first string and send the beans back across the window. By this morning the first plants were long enough to need the second string, so I installed it soon after waking. Now that it has been in place for several hours it is clear that at leas one of the beans has already started to grow along the new string. As the second plant is somewhat entangled with the first I have no doubt that it too will start to grow in the right direction. I guess I will keep adding new plants to this string as they reach the end of the first.




As you can see, in general, the beans are continuing to grow at a rather impressive pace. I am a little disappointed that I haven't yet seen any signs of blooms, but I imagine that this should be happening in the next few days.



-I guess I should try to pull something together for dinner and then head back to work for a few hours. I am really hoping that I might be able to get to sleep before 3:30 AM, which is when I have been hitting the rack the past few days.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Right now it is pouring rain out. buckets. Absolutely ridiculous. It seems like your walk to school tomorrow will be quite messy.

Cameron said...

Yes, I can hear it.

I was kind of hoping that by writing about it I would jinx it so that it wouldn't happen (it works for things you want, so why not try the reverse?).