Monday, March 09, 2009

More excitement on the farm

Another few days have passed so I thought that I might as well make provide further documentation that my plants are continuing to grow, many of you might be inclined to doubt this growth were it not for the photographic evidence I continue to post.

Given my time constraints this week I won't give as detailed a run down on all of the plants, as has been my habit these past few weeks. Hopefully the pictures of the general growing area will give you a sense of the general progress.

As usual, things seem to be generally growing and developing, though nothing particularly exciting has happened in the past few days.



Maybe the most exciting development, at least from my point of view is that I seem to have a second ear of corn. Also, the first ear seems to be causing the plant to grow on an awkward angle.



There is a now a fair bit of room between some of the new leaves. Also, the new leaves are almost at full size, and have started to much darker. I keep hoping that some of the other buds will start to show signs of action so that I can develop more of a bush feel with the plant. The frustrating aspect of this plant is that I likely won't be able to harvest many of its leaves for another few years, but once the harvest starts I imagine that I could be giving bay leaves away for Christmas for years to come (maybe that is just my dream).



As you might be able to see, the scarlet runner beans have really gone wild. They ended up growing much more quickly than I expected.



They have almost reached the far side of the window. I really don't know what I will do with them once they do. Neil didn't seem to think trying to get them to grow towards the chandelier was a good idea. Maybe I will run another string and get them to grow back the other way.

No comments: