Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 297

-Today was another great Spring day. According to Environment Canada it made it as high as 13, which is quite a nice temperature. If things had been a little brighter it would have been almost perfect.

-We had pot roast (beef) for dinner tonight. In addition to the standard carrots and potatoes, we also had corn, green beans, and cauliflower, making for a rather colourful selection of food.

-Yesterday I posted a YouTube video in one of my posts. For some reason it didn't seem to work. I have since uploaded the video again, and it now seems to be working. If you are so inclined you can watch it in yesterday's post or here.

-I finally added an 'App' to my iPod Touch. The 'App' I have added, Remote, allows me to control the iTunes program on my computer from my iPod, thus turning my iPod into a remote control. While this might be somewhat useful at some point, I haven't really had much cause to use it in the four hours since I downloaded it. Maybe I will try to acquire one or two more free 'Apps' in the coming days.

-I don't understand why it is that Environment Canada will report that it is a temperature higher than the forecast temperature and then not change the forecast to reflect reality. This always baffles me. I know opening a window isn't a particularly sophisticated technique, but sometimes it seems to work.

-This morning, for breakfast, I decided to make another batch of Cowboy Coffee Cake. I still don't know why the recipe has the word 'cowboy' in the title, but so far I am quite impressed with the results. Unfortunately, the recipe caused me to use all of our brown sugar.

-Because all of our brown sugar had been used in the cake baking, I ended up making a late afternoon trip to the grocery store. Aside from replenishing our sugar supplies, I also snagged a few vegetables. I am particularly looking forward to consuming some of the newly acquired celery and radishes, two of my favourite vegetables.

-While at the store I forgot to pick up a can of kidney beans. This means that I will have to put off my 'Bean Brownies' until at least tomorrow. While I hope these turn out well, I am not really sure what a brownie with beans will taste like. Though I guess if I was willing to make pork cake I might as well try brownies with beans.

-There is nothing quite like being woken up from a nap by kidney stone related pain, particularly when it is coming from the 'clean' kidney. Yum.

-A few days ago Neil, Rebecca, and I happened to purchase a few inexpensive used DVDs. After watching one of them, Cleaner with Samuel L. Jackson and Ed Harris, I decided to check out the synopsis on the back. As I was reading the synopsis something struck me as a little off, it seemed that the name they were assigning to the main character was different than the name that I remembered being assigned to the character in the movie. After a little checking I was able to determine that my recollection was correct, and that they had screwed up on the back of the DVD case. This would seem to be a rather embarrassing mistake to make in this circumstance. It also suggests that the individual writing the blurb on the back of the case hasn't even seen the movie, or a copy of the script. I now wonder what information such blurbs are actually based on.



-The scarlet runner beans in my bedroom are continuing to grow at a reasonable pace. I think that with a few days more growth I will be able to more effectively photograph their development.

-Last night I ended up using some of my new potting soil and planting a few tomato and watermelon seeds. As I am a little more hopeful that the tomatoes will actually be productive more tomato seeds were planted. Hopefully I will start to see signs of germination in a few days. (The pots are not in the same location as the spider mite infestation, in case you were wondering).

No comments: