Monday, March 16, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 288

-So far today has been great. The skies are clear and the temperatures are a few degrees above zero. Unfortunately I spent much of the day indoors and was unable to take advantage of the great weather.

-I did take a trip to the grocery store largely to take advantage of the weather, so I guess I can't claim that I didn't at least get a few minutes of good times and fun in the sun.

-Our Ultimate game was a bit of a boondoggle yesterday. Shortly after we arrived we learned that our captain had given us the wrong time and that weren't in fact scheduled to play until an hour and twelve minutes later.

As the two teams playing the game prior to ours were short players, so Neil and I, along with two other teammates, ended up playing as subs.

The consequence of our playing two games, instead of one, was that we were rather tired by the end of the second game, at least I was. This turns out to have been rather significant as our game was quite close until the last few minutes, by which point I was in no position to hustle as much as normal.

-Aside from playing extra Ultimate, the other consequence of the delay was that we were delayed in returning to the apartment. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but as it turns out Neil and Rebecca had invited a couple over for games. So instead of all three of us being here to assist with the hosting duties, only Rebecca was here to handle the heavy burden that is playing a game with guests.

-Man, do I ever need to get back to work on my paper. It is supposed to be 7500 words and I definitely don't have that many yet.

-Google is now offering a new service called Google Voice, which is basically just a new version of GrandCentral. The big downside seems to be that they no longer offer free calls to Canada, the upside is that I should now have free texting capabilities.

Unfortunately, membership is presently only available to those with GrandCentral accounts, but you may way to keep an eye out for the opening of the floodgates because I get the feeling that this will be a pretty useful service (particularly if you are in the US).

No comments: