Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Why not?

So for no particularly good reason I decided to make tortillas tonight. I am not really sure why I wanted to do this, it is not as though I have done this before, or had a pressing need for tortillas tonight.

I think that some of it may have had to do with me finding out how few ingredients were involved and how simple they were supposed to be to make. Basically you just add flour, lard, and water, knead, and then fry on an ungreased pan.

Actually, once they were finished I didn't really have anything much to do with them, so they are now in the fridge, just sitting there.

The good thing is that they seemed to turn out pretty well, and were relatively easy. I imagine that I will try making them again in the very near future now that I have a general sense of what is going on. I think that the key change I might make would be to roll them a bit thinner (and larger) and maybe cook them a little longer.

No comments: