Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 296

-Today was a pretty great day. I know that at one point the high was expected to be 11, I am pretty confident that the temperature made it that high. Though there were a few cloudy periods, for much of the afternoon the sun was shining brightly. As far as I can tell, the forecast is calling for similar conditions for tomorrow.

-It seems that I have now fallen to 1/14 in this year's Roll Up the Rim to Win competition. My mid-week spurt of five cups seems to have done nothing to help me win. I am starting to think that my hear may not be in it this year, which is fine, as it likely means that I will buy less pre-made coffee (but more whole-bean coffee).

-Neil and I bussed ourselves over to local commercial district and made a few purchases. The main reason for making the trip was to purchase a step stool for $9.99, but we ended up acquiring a few other items while we were there. For a few product demonstrations check out the following video.



[Embedded video]

We also purchased another bag of potting soil as well as two packages of seeds. Not surprisingly, I purchased some scarlet runner beans to replace the plants that I had to cut down, and also a package of tomato seeds so that I can try to grow some tomato plants for Neil.

-The plays we saw last night were much better than I expected them to be. A few of the plot points were a little far fetched, though I didn't always pick up on this until after the play had ended, but on the whole quite watchable. Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised, but I don't think that there were too many non-theatre students, or friends of theatre students, in attendance. Actually, I feel pretty comfortable that we were the only individuals without a connection to someone involved in the production.

After the plays we checked out the schedule for the music student's graduation recitals. If things work out well we might be able to catch a few of these free shows.

I should also mention that Neil didn't like my joke about being "more cultured than yogurt." I have no idea why he found this so troubling.

-Apparently this evening was 'Earth Hour.' For some reason I still don't have a good handle on exactly what this is. Maybe I will know more by next year, as it does seem to be somewhat of an annual event.

-I have a gut feeling that we will either be having chicken or beef for dinner tomorrow night. I guess I should try to decide in the near future as I will have to defrost something either way.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I hope you enjoy your new step stool as much as the video would indicate.