Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mr. Gushue and the Brier

It seems that Newfoundland's Brier team, skipped by Brad Gushue, has lost to Manitoba's team, which was skipped by Jeff Stoughton. This loss means that Newfoundland is out of the play-offs for the year.

Upon learning this news I suggested to Neil that I could make a make a joke on Montifax along the lines of "don't send a Pearlian to do a man's job." As he didn't think such a comment would be appropriate (presumably he thought that not everyone would see the humour) I have decided not to include such a joke about the loss. He is probably right, such a comment could be offense to those from Mount Pearl. Instead Montifax wishes the Newfoundland team the best of luck in next year's Brier (which is to take place in Halifax, if I am not mistaken).

I guess we now have to wait and see which two teams will make the final.

No comments: