Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 284

-Though it has been above zero all day we managed to sneak in a few hours of relatively heavy snowfall this morning. As temperatures have remained above zero some of the snow seems to have already started to melt. Hopefully this doesn't mean that if we get the forecast below zero temperatures we will have ice-covered sidewalks for this next few days.

-After making it to bed at 3:30 AM (remember the daylight savings time effect) I was a little surprised to find myself awake at 5:00. Almost immediately I realized the reason I awoke was because the fire alarm was ringing. As I was starting to figure things out and head towards my door the alarm finished sounding, much to my surprise. After a quick trip to the bathroom and exchanging a few pleasantries with Neil I made my way back to bed. Some time later, though it may only have been 5 minutes, I heard fire trucks pull up to the building. As you might have guessed, I didn't get up to see what had happened.

-For a few days I have been meaning to report on this season's Roll Up The Rim To Rim stats. So far I have been doing surprisingly well, I am presently standing at 1/3, which is about as successful as I might reasonably hope to be at this stage. Though a number of my family members seem to think that I consume this coffee every day, this is clearly not the case. I think what they have failed to take into consideration is that now that I have a coffee grinder the coffee I can make at home is drinkable, which means I purchase coffee only for consumption in class.

-My cold seems to be relapsing a little. I blame Neil.

-I recently mentioned that I attended a meal at a fancy hotel on Friday. I forgot to mention the salad that was served. If I recall correctly, the salad was primarily composed of spinach leaves, topped with some cheese and nuts, and garnished with a few cherry tomatoes. The only component that I might have considered eating was a single piece of some kind of red lettuce or cabbage. I am almost surprised that they didn't top off whole affair with a honey coated shrimp.

No comments: