Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 290

-Today wasn't quite as nice as yesterday. Things have been rather overcast and wet for most of the day. I can't say that these are my favourite conditions.

-When my mother was in Halifax in September I acquired a 20 kg bag of flour. As of Wednesday this flour was basically gone. Though I am not surprised that I managed to make my way through such a large bag of flour, I am somewhat surprised that it went so quickly, I was expected this to last at least another month or so. Not so surprisingly, the 1 pound bag of yeast is still quite full, though I think I will be able to make my way through it in the coming months.

-Somehow I managed to make it through Tuesday and Wednesday without a nap. Sadly I wasn't able to carry my streak through to today, though I did make it to 4:00 PM before breaking.

-It seems that I am now 1/9 with this year's coffee competition. At the moment I am where I would expect to be, but if I don't want to fall below this success rate I am going to have to be sure to not miss any opportunities and compete at the highest possible level.

-I had a presentation to give this morning. Going into the presentation I was a little worried about how it would go as it was quite early in the morning I am not all that much of a morning person. Somehow, once I got going things seemed to go much better than they should have. The post-presentation question and answer session seemed to go particularly well, I was really having a lot of fun and I there were a number of good questions from the crowd (I even managed to get a few laughs).

-Yesterday, what at the helicopter crash memorial service, my sister observed Danny Williams and Stephen Harper shaking hands. Given the public rhetoric this might not be the behaviour one might expect, though it is quite appropriate given the circumstances. I am curious if any of the Newfoundland political bloggers will mention this interaction. As I don't follow all that many of these blogs it would be quite easy for me to miss such coverage.

No comments: