Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another Pomegranate Trick

A few days ago I mentioned had been lead to believe that there was a special, underwater pomegranate de-seeding trick. Of course, when I actually tried the trick the results were less than impressive. Furthermore, when I watched a video of the so-called trick on YouTube I learned that the trick really wasn't that impressive at all, even when performed by seasoned professionals.

It was then suggested to me, by my father, that my sister could show me the 'real' trick.

Yesterday I asked my sister to show me the trick and she obliged.



[Embedded video]

As you can see, this process does seem to be a fair bit faster than the under-water method, though it is still a little less impressive than I had imagined. The particularly notable attribute of this method, which involved cutting off the ends and scoring the sides, is that there is less juice wastage than in some other methods I have seen. So while this may not be the lighting-speed at which I had imagined the pomegranate de-seeding would take place, it was still a better process than I have been employing recently. If I remember, I will certainly use this technique the the next time I decided I want a pomegranate.

No comments: