Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 489

-Today, like yesterday, has been incredibly unpleasant. Not only have we had relatively heavy rain for most of the past two days, but we have also had strong winds and temperatures just above freezing. The worst part is that it seems that we shouldn't expect much change for the foreseeable future.

-I have recently been engaging in some Christmas shopping and hope to do a little more today. Hopefully the stores I still need to visit won't be too packed when I head out to go shopping later today.

-Yesterday evening Jeannette and I quickly drove through some of the MUN campus. Because of the weather and the fact that it was after sunset we weren't able to actually see that much of the campus. So I was a quite surprised today to see that the university is presently in the midst of finally constructing a long-needed multi-storey parking structure in what once was a parking lot. A few more such structures wouldn't go astray.

Hopefully I will get to see a bit more of campus before I return to Halifax. In particular, I wouldn't mind seeing the Political Science wing of the Science building or the new residences.

-At some point in the very near future my mother and I are going to need to start doing some Christmas baking. I suspect that tomorrow will have to be the day, though as of right now we don't seem to have made any such plans.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Where is this parking structure going up?

Cameron said...

In the parking lot across the street from the HSC.